• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some basic questions

eggman2001

Lurker
Nov 10, 2008
Can someone help me out with these?
- I've heard that you can copy and paste with the G1. How do you do this? Can you highlight text from an e-mail or web page and copy?
- When I start an application (lets say Gmail) and then open another application (say, the browser), is the gmail application still running in the background? If so, is there a quick and easy way to switch between applications that are running?
- Is there an IRC channel where I can ask these kinds of simple questions? Or better yet, I'd be curious to know if there's a way to ask a community by using twitter.

Right now it looks like you can only copy and paste from a "field" on the phone not from an email (yet) or web page.

For example, if you go to "messages" as in text messages and type something into that field.......say..........."Test...." you can then long press in that field with your finger or use the track wheel and hold it down and you will see options to select all and or copy. You then can go into another function where there is a "field" and touch it and then long press with your finger on the field and choose "paste"
Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones