• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Some contacts do not display/How NOT bring down ALL Google Contacts?

ewingr

Android Enthusiast
Apr 30, 2010
www.shuttermaster.co
I find that a percentage of my contacts do not display. But if I do a search, I can find them in contacts.

Contacts are set to display Google contacts, and the contacts are in my Google My Contacts. They have phone numbers, and email addresses.

When starting to post this, I found a solution in the posts it brings up, over in Motorola Droids section. Need to put them in My Contacts (some of them I did not have there).

Now, this brings me to the topic of how to not bring down ALL contacts that accumulate in Google Contacts, which I've seen some posts on.

It seems a bit confusing. If All contacts are on the phone I wonder why they don't display. But yet you can find them. I wonder if maybe when you search it searches contacts online as well.

Any thoughts?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones