• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Some help with my Behold II please.

ang35847

Lurker
Jul 17, 2010
Hello, I am new to this forum and somewhat new to the smartphone world. I have searched here on several occasions and found the answers I needed. It's been very helpful. I bought my Behold II knowing that a lot of people were very upset about the update that will not happen. My first Android experience so I figured I would be ok with 1.6. So far I am happy and have no major issues with my phone. Tmobile has been great to me for 10 + years and I hate learning that they have treated some people so poorly. I always thought they had the best customer service. The only issue I had with this phone was I could not get the My Account app to work (it still does not work) and told them I was tired of calling them about it, they simply did away with my contract because of this issue so after 2 wks I have no contract and I could upgrade again so I was satisfied. I would love to see them do an upgrade to those who were lied to. I would like to ask a few questions though and thought this was the best place to do it. I sometimes read the posts and am not sure if they are in reference to a phone that has been rooted or not. Mine is not and at this point I don't think I want to do this as I am considering an upgrade for the Vibrant. Still undecided.

1. When I download wallpapers from apps that I have installed they are distorted. The forums say to resize, which I did on my phone and they are still the same. Do I have to use the preloaded wallpapers to have them look right? Those are so limited.

2. Is panda home for rooted phones?

3. If I only install apps from the market, do I need to download some kind of anti virus app?

4. Is there an app that allows you to store the apps on the card rather than the phone memory?

I think that's it, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello, I am new to this forum and somewhat new to the smartphone world. I have searched here on several occasions and found the answers I needed. It's been very helpful. I bought my Behold II knowing that a lot of people were very upset about the update that will not happen. My first Android experience so I figured I would be ok with 1.6. So far I am happy and have no major issues with my phone. Tmobile has been great to me for 10 + years and I hate learning that they have treated some people so poorly. I always thought they had the best customer service. The only issue I had with this phone was I could not get the My Account app to work (it still does not work) and told them I was tired of calling them about it, they simply did away with my contract because of this issue so after 2 wks I have no contract and I could upgrade again so I was satisfied. I would love to see them do an upgrade to those who were lied to. I would like to ask a few questions though and thought this was the best place to do it. I sometimes read the posts and am not sure if they are in reference to a phone that has been rooted or not. Mine is not and at this point I don't think I want to do this as I am considering an upgrade for the Vibrant. Still undecided.

1. When I download wallpapers from apps that I have installed they are distorted. The forums say to resize, which I did on my phone and they are still the same. Do I have to use the preloaded wallpapers to have them look right? Those are so limited.

3. If I only install apps from the market, do I need to download some kind of anti virus app?

4. Is there an app that allows you to store the apps on the card rather than the phone memory?

Thanks!

yes no no no you are welcome :D

Reactions: ang35847
Upvote 0

Thanks!
1) download wallpaper set and save from market and use that
2)no just download from market
3) no
4) a2sd. you can find info on it here http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-behold-2/56554-how-a2sd-galaxy-behold-2-roms.html

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply, in response to your answer to #4....Is this only if I want to root or does the reference to ROMS mean something different?

Thanks,

It is a customized version of Android developed via the community. Not all ROMs contain root but once you are rooted you can only use custom roms and will not get OTA updates (which the behold II won't get any anyway).
BTW if you want a good wallpaper app try this one
Capture2.png

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones