• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Some Questions for Your Consideration

Got my Moment today. It's nearly perfect for my needs. I just have a couple questions for anyone who might be interested.

First, how do you remove some of the default apps? Weather Channel is OK, but the Bejeweled Demo sucks, and I won't use the NASCAR or NFL apps. Is there any way to remove these apps?

Second, I've been using PDANet to tether my MotoQ and it's worked like a charm. I downloaded the Android version and it apparently needs the phone to be connected in debug mode, and Windows XP is looking for a driver for that. Anyone know if that driver is available? I think it's called an "adb" driver but I'm not sure.

I have USB debugging turned on...when I connect it to a Windows PC, the hardware wizard comes up looking for a driver for "SAMSUNG_Android". I don't know about anyone else, but I didn't get a disk from Sprint, and there's no driver on Sprint's Moment page or Samsung's Moment page. Additionally, there is supposedly a driver in the SDK, but I've downloaded the SDK, and there are no divers to be found.

Upvote 0
I don' know what your objective is but if it is to connect to the computer, you have to pull down your notifications after connecting to the computer and then select "mount USB" or something like that and then the puter will recognize it as a "mass storage device"....if that is what you are trying to do.

Upvote 0
The SDK driver didn't work, so I thought I was stuck. Unbelievably, I actually got help from a Sprint online chat. They directed me to page 82 of the user guide, where it talks about downloading the Samsung New PC Studio. I did so, and all the drivers were installed--in particular the ADB driver that I needed for PDANet. It now works like a charm! Here's the link to the PC Studio:

Samsung's Digital World

As far as the issue of removing default apps, I guess I can live with them...but if anyone figures out how to kill them, I'd still be interested. Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones