• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Someone Help! Stuck in the Middle of ADB Process!

npro1464

Sep 2, 2010
Hey guys, I was using this method seen here, rooting the TB with a Mac.

[Mac Procedure]: How to Root the HTC Thunderbolt - Android Forums

I am stuck at "Section 2" the bootloader screen. I pressed the power button to execute the bootloader, it went through its thing, but it is not asking me if I want to update, instead it is bringing me back to the screen with the "Fastboot" highlighted in blue. What should I do!?! Can I restart? Try again? Try Section two over? Help!! Thanks!

I had the .zip file named properly. I ended up redownloading it all over again and deleting whatever I had on the sd card and it got passed that step.

When I got stuck at that point, I was worried about rebooting the phone, I didn't know if it would cause a hard brick. Luckily, it didn't!! Thanks for the help!

BTW, I highly recommend this guide for Mac users. Everything is spelt out to a T, and you do get to experience rooting the "proper" way through adb.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones