• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Something I found out about the "where" app (VG app by the way)

gm991

Android Enthusiast
Nov 24, 2009
So I load the "where" app (its a local info app) like yelp, yellow book, weather and news, gas prices ..etc all in one.
Works really well.
One thing i found out about it is there is a problem with the widget.

I downloaded it then picked a spot for the widget on my home screen.
This is where is gets strange, after the icon shows up I go to use it and it keeps locking up (screen just goes black).
I uninstall and reinstall same problem.
The fix,
pick a spot on your home screen for it then got to SHORTCUTS not adroid widgets and pick it from the shortcuts folder and the app works great, plus the shortcut icon is smaller than the widget icon.

I really like the app, has a ton of info and it works great when set up this way on our phones.

Reactions: Carl C
Sounds like there is a problem with the widget? Are you using any sort of home replacement?

No just the stock eris.

I did send an e-mail about the freezing up thing, If they e-mail me back I will let them know how I got around it.
Even if they fix it I'm going to keep running it this way (as a shortcut) , the icon is smaller.
Great little app...:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones