• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

something needs to be done with facebook

IRunGameEP

Apr 25, 2010
it is absolutely ridiculous that we still don't have a full functioning Facebook app. why can't we check our inbox, see friend requests, look at event invites, and UPLOAD VIDEO. can something PLEASE be done about this? I mean this is a social network phone that doesn't work with the biggest social network right now...WTF

The generic mobile version of the site is ok, but I want to get notifications, I want to get updates. This is a social networking phone. I want to be able to upload video to social network sites, like FACEBOOK. This shouldn't be that hard to accomplish. Friendstream is terrible, the facebook widget is pointless. OS intergration would be nice, like if you could upload video like you can with pictures in the gallery. Select the video and select "upload to facebook". If that's not possible, just make the app FULLY functional. Let me read my messages, friend requests, and upload pictures/video, let me get notifications. Come on it's been a little too long now. This Incredible is supposed to be a "social network device". What's the point of having it if it has the same functionality as my old LG Dare. It goes to the same mobile website and can do the same shit. It's unacceptabble.

Upvote 0
well I've heard from another post on here that Apple worked CLOSELY with Facebook, and Facebook said they pretty much forced them to get Everything right...and that they will never work like that with other company's again...basically if you want an awesome app for a website, you gotta be a CONTROL freak.

Upvote 0
I said it before, Google MUST work closer with the likes of Facebook, Ebay, PayPal, etc, to make killer applications that are going to drive the take-up of Android. If the general public has to choose between Android, iPhone, Blackberry, etc, then they will talk to people and at the moment the general view will be that Android apps for things like Facebook are poor compared to iPhone.

I *know* that Android is newer, etc, but Google have more money than the whole of the UK at the moment so throwing some at a couple of teams of devs/consultants to work with the "big boys" would pay off for them.

I also know that Google simply don't seem to care and would rather spend their time developing animated wallpapers and Goggles (that is simply quite pointless).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones