• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Something up with my Samsung Galaxy S2 headphone jack?

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

Hello, I have a samsung galaxy s2 and only some makes of headphones work in it. I dont know if there is something wrong with it or if thats the way its suppost to be. I just want to know before I try and get it repared!
Thanks

I doubt that there's anything to "Repair". If any headphone works in it, the jack is working and all the wires are connected. And that's about all that can be "repaired".

It's possible that some cheap headphones have such low sensitivity that you won't hear anything on them from a phone. Or that some of them have 2.5mm plugs (phones have 3.5mm jacks, so you need headphones with 3.5mm plugs - that's the diameter of the shaft of the part that plugs in). Or it could be other things.

Knowing what brands or types don't work might help us guess at the problem. But I've used cheapie (99 cents from the dollar store) headphones, Apple headphones, headphones running from $5 to $35 and in between, and aside from the differing volume levels, they all worked. (Some of the dollar store junk had the best sound. The old Apples were really comfortable and sounded good, but the price was ridiculous if I could get the same thing for $5 in a different brand.)

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones