• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sorry, another comparison thread... charge vs. tbolt vs. dinc2 vs. dx2

boatman

Android Enthusiast
Nov 19, 2009
confused and looking for input from real users.

have droid 2. wanting to upgrade. live in boston, 4g not critical to me, but would be nice to have if it doesn't hurt other features. don't plan on modding phone with custom roms, etc. also phone needs to fit in pants, suit and jeans pocket. want to have music , about 10gb on phone. don't need front facing camera or video chat. need text, facebook, calls, email.

Looking at tbolt, charge, dinc2, dx2

Tbolt sounds good, but battery life is supposedly a problem. I need to go from 7am to 9pm without having to charge phone. Is that possible on tbolt? Is it possible on charge? Heard battery life on dinc2 and dx2 is excellent.

Do 4.3" phones fit in pants pockets? Is there a diff between pocketability of charge/tbolt/dx2?

I read about lag on charge. Is this really there, or mild annoyance or a big issue. Do people see it on the tbolt or other phones.

Anyone have a tbolt vs. charge and hate one/return it?

Thanks for any input.

My Charge lasts all day. The Droid x2 probably has the best battery life out of all 4. With the Thunderbolt you would probably have to disable background data to make it through the day. I have owned The Charge, Thunderbolt and Droid x and all fit into my pockets. The Thunderbolt being the biggest and least comfortable. The other 2 are just fine.

I sold my Thunderbolt and was able to purchase my Charge about 2 weeks early and have had no lag, reboots or any other issues. I have owned a lot of phones and the Charge has been the best working phone I have ever used.

Upvote 0
I think Revolution should be replacing Tbolt in this comparison or included at least. If you can get over Bing stuff in it which you can bypass for Google, it's better phone overall hardware wise. Lasting 14 hours in any 4G LTE phone will be tough, but Rev has better chance at that than Tbolt and it can be put it 3G mode for much longer usage too. Charge seems to be good in battery department too. But I wonder how is its signal reception quality as some users experienced random data connection outages in 3G area.

Upvote 0
Well, since this is a dc forum, of course u'll hear great things about the charge. I've owned both phones since launch, and I have to say performance wise, the tb gets the nod on this comparison. Sense ui is just far superior to Samsung's outdated, laggy, unresponsive touchwiz and rps file system. The stock dc browser just does not work for any flash/javascript intensive site. Even after installing market browser, it still does not function as well as a stock sense browser. Even after installing a market launcher, the dc still lags when swiping btwn homescreens and opening apps. The only thing the dc has going for it is its gorgeous samoled screen.

I am this close to exchanging it for a LG revo, but I just can't handle Bing, and downgrading from samoled to tft display will be too painful. Will have to wait and see, but I dont think I can tolerate this poor performing phone no matter how nice the screen looks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones