• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

sos lost phone abroad/ recover fotos vidéos memos contacts

hello dear Friends
im Oussama hariss from morocco.
i was travelling abroad To Russia and i lost my mobile model Samsung Galaxy j3 2016 SM- 320V verizon
which has a lot of photos and vidéos and memos and contacts ...
i had in my lost mobile the google drive application but not fully recover files.
in Russia i did buy a new Samsung mobile but when i opened google drive i just found some photos and videos and no contacts and no memos and many many files missing..
can i recover All this files if i Get pro recovery?
is there a way To recover files with my lost mobile model Name or my mobile number ?
is using google drive on computer could be better To full recover ?
can ido a mobile reset and restart google drive from begening
could this be useful for recovering?
wait for your response
thank you so much

From your description it does sound like you never set up your email account to sync with its online sources nor did you set up any backup solution for your other files (i.e. photos, videos, etc.). There's simply nothing to recover if you never backed/synced anything up. You can double-check by using a web browser and log into your Google account to see if your files and things are there but if not. when your missing data only existed on your phone than it's lost to you. Or check your Verizon account to see there's any backup service that you forgot setting up previously.

Set up a solid backup solution for your new phone now. Don't think about it, do it now so you don't go through the same occurrence again. Make sure your email, calendar, and contacts are syncing with your online Google account. Use the backup and sync function in the Google Photos app to backup your photos and videos into your online Google account. Make sure 'Find My Device' is enabled and linked to your current phone. Those are automatic functions. Another option is to install Samsung's Smart Switch utility on a computer and use it to make a backup of your phone, and then it's really important to do it on a regular basis.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones