1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

sound help please

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chunker, Jan 26, 2014.

1. chunker

chunker Newbie
    None

Jan 26, 2014
    I installed HBO Go on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 and it installed and works ok. However I get no sound at all, just the video. I tried the same Go on my home pc and the video and sound work fine. I checked the sound on my Android and it is all the way up. All other apps (music player, etc) work fine. It is just with HBO Go that I get no audio at all. Can anybody give me some idea of what may be wrong? I notice that on my pc version, the Go player has sound controls. The android tablet version has no sound controls, but my android sound bar opens at the top of the player and it shows all the way up. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement

2. amarie82

amarie82 Android Expert

Sep 16, 2013
    Female
    tech support
    okc
    It could be the app, have you tried it on any other android devices? Have you uninstalled and reinstalled?

chunker likes this.
  3. chunker

chunker Newbie
    None

Jan 26, 2014
    Thank you for your suggestions. No, I only have the one android tablet but I will try your suggestion to uninstall and reinstall the app. I'll report back here when I give that a try. Thank you!!!!

4. chunker

chunker Newbie
    None

Jan 26, 2014
    Tried the uninstall and reinstall. Nothing changed, still no audio. It also seems to now have trouble loading the video portion, buffering and then have to shut it down. It becomes unresponsive. Uninstalled it again. Just for the heck of it, I turned on NHL game center and that works great, high quality picture and high quality sound. It must be the HBO Go app that just doesn't seem to work. I still can use my account on my pc but really wanted it for my mobile. Thanks for your suggestion.

5. amarie82

amarie82 Android Expert

Sep 16, 2013
    Female
    tech support
    okc
    Your welcome it probably is just going to be the app. In the play store you can email the Dev and see if they have any suggestions! It may just need an update! Have you tried on Wi-Fi to see if that helps the buffering?

chunker likes this.
  6. chunker

chunker Newbie
    None

Jan 26, 2014
    Just can't seem to get it working and see where a lot of people have trouble with that app. I am on high speed cable connection (50MBS) and a WiFi connection. It all works great on my pc and everything else is wonderful on my tablet. It has to be that app. Guess I'll just have to wait and see if they upgrade it. Thanks for your suggestions.

amarie82 likes this.
  7. amarie82

amarie82 Android Expert

Sep 16, 2013
    Female
    tech support
    okc
    Your welcome anytime hope they get it fixed for you!

8. chunker

chunker Newbie
    None

Jan 26, 2014
    and he told me it is a known problem with Samsung Galaxy Tab 4's. So, I guess I'm not alone on this one? He also told me they are working on a solution with HBO Go and will come out with an update when available. I left the HBO app on my tablet in hopes that it will someday be updated automatically. Just wanted to pass this information along to others who might be in the same boat.

9. chunker

chunker Newbie
    None

Jan 26, 2014
    Good news, just noticed that HBO Go was updated on my tablet today Feb. 21 and immediately gave it a try. It now works, so the update fixed the problem with sound! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

10. amarie82

amarie82 Android Expert

Sep 16, 2013
    Female
    tech support
    okc
    Fantastic great to hear it!

chunker likes this.