• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sound only in one ear phone

Finks

Mar 8, 2011
A short while back, my Hero started apparently outputting sound when headphones plugged in, out of only one side. However I found when I connected it to some fairly powerful 2.1 speakers that sound was coming out of both, it was just that one side was a lot quieter than the other... strange?? Also one day headphones wouldn't work at all, and I thought i was gonna warranty it, but then it came back later on in the day.

Has anyone had this before, and can it be easily fixed without sending off?

And does anyone know if I'm to send it directly to HTC or my network (T-mobile) if I want it repaired? I got it on a contract and am still in contract.

Thanks

1) Clean your ears, try again. Still have a problem? Ok, let's move backwards.

2) Take your headphones and put them on something else (a computer, an ipod, whatever). Sound on one side only? Headphone problem. (The headphones that come with your phone are likely cheap to replace.) Headphones work fine? Ok, try this...

3) Get a different set of headphones known to work, and try them in the phone. Sound on both sides? Must be the other headphones aren't fitting properly into the jack on your phone. Still have sound on 1 side? Problem with phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones