• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sound quality suddenly bad

I purchased this mytouch slide off ebay and have used it about a month with no issues. As of yesterday the call quality is awful. Wifi calling is perfect and clear, ring tones, music player, ect all sound excellent. Just regular calling at home, out and about sounds scratchy and very fuzzy - callers can't hear me. When making or receiving a call there are always all bars available. Is there a setting I am missing or fix?

I purchased this mytouch slide off ebay and have used it about a month with no issues. As of yesterday the call quality is awful. Wifi calling is perfect and clear, ring tones, music player, ect all sound excellent. Just regular calling at home, out and about sounds scratchy and very fuzzy - callers can't hear me. When making or receiving a call there are always all bars available. Is there a setting I am missing or fix?

If wifi calling is fine, but regular calls have issues - it sounds like a signal issue for me. It could be something with the sim card, too. I've had to replace my sim card twice. Take it into a T-Mobile store and see if you have the right kind of sim card.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones