• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spare Parts: Partial wake usage "media"

Jbarag0131

Lurker
May 7, 2010
So i downloaded spare parts to see what was making my phone not sleep and at the top when i clicked "partial wake usage " it said "media"

I was wondering what could be under this category because it doesn't tell me anything when i click on it.

if anyone could tell me what i should do to fix this problem that would be awesome

thanks

i had this exact problem with my coworkers incredible.

it turned out "media" was the media scanner service, and it kept trying to find his music on his sd card and wouldnt quit.

he said his music would never load in the Music app, so we put a different SD card (the one from my Hero) and it worked fine, no more "Media" awake usage, music app finds the music.

So it was something with the way his card was formatted (it came from a blackberry)

hopefully this helps you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones