• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Speaker scratchy? (not another Pandora thread)

I have had the crackling on ring tones and notifications as well. For example when you plug and unplug the phone there is almost always a crackly notification. But when I listen to music everything is clear. This leads me to believe its a standby or software issue. Doesn't bug me too much. Hopefully it will be fixed in an update.

Upvote 0
I've also noticed that a couple of times so far. Am still experimenting with volume levels and believe there's a distortion issue with such small low fidelity speakers in the earpiece and on the back of the phone, similar to the sound degradation on some laptops.

Really miss the sound quality of my old Samsung A920's dual speaker design... Why phone mfrs. have now decided to skimp on external audio fidelity is beyond me... :thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones