• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Speaking of TV, baseball/football & streaming...

As I voiced in another thread, it's the sports streaming that has me the most concerned. If four or five major stream services carry 80% of sports, I'm still missing 20% of sports if I can afford to subscribe to all five. Being as sports is my only viewing desire, I'm going to be caught between the rock and the hard spot.

My wife, on the other hand, likes crime dramas and fills up our DVR with her shows. I don't know how I can cheat her out of her viewing desires by dropping DirecTv.

Speaking of loading up the DVR to watch shows at your convenience .. and perhaps zip through some commercials, how might that be accomplished with streaming services?

I understand that my viewing likes are not the mainstream viewer's. All of my friends manage their viewing with a couple of major stream services and over the air broadcasts. They are very pleased with their options and their monthly viewing expense is far less than mine. Now that I have to add some additional streams just to watch sports... I feel a bit taken advantage of.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I feel a bit taken advantage of.
Yup.
I have Prime, MLB.tv and the Disney bundle that I pay for. I occasionally use my sister's YouTube TV (Better Call Saul, hello!) and rarely use her HBO max. I use the free version of Peacock, I will buy a month of that or Paramount+ when the next season of Yellowstone is released. I used to get NHL but they did away with that so will chase around for hockey games.
I don't watch a ton of TV but honestly this new fangled way is almost not worth even trying to watch.
I used to have cable then went to YouTube TV but that got equally expensive and I hardly watch anything so it's jump around and find stuff elsewhere now. Grrr

Reactions: ocnbrze and olbriar
Upvote 0
I have YouTube TV, 65 a month for 85 channels, including live local channels too.
The dvr feature is unlimited, and saves everything you record for a year.
And you can watch on a TV, tablet, cell phone at any time.
YouTube TV has a 7 day free trial also. No contracts, all you need is internet and wifi

Upvote 0
i have to sit down and look at what is available to watch and stream sports. i have direct tv so i don't really need to be streaming sports. but it was nice to have Yahoo Sports show NFL games for free. i was able to watch a lot of Charger games this way, especially when i'm on the go. but that is going away. soooooooo i don't know. i am debating on getting both the NFL game pass and the one for NHL. but i don't know yet. i may look into it this weekend. its just too much to think about on a weeknight. i'm still trying to unwind from my day at work......its a bit overwhelming to be honest.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
I had a young man come by last night trying to get me to switch from DirecTv to the dish network. Going with the same channel lineup I currently have, I'd be saving $85 a month. That price is locked for next two years. I was tempted. That's a grand a year savings! I told him to come back after the football season is over and my free NFL package is done. :)
I'm not married to Dtv and will be shopping my options at the end of football. Without the MLB and the NFL packages, their service shows me nothing and I'm not willing to pay a premium to have it.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones