• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

biggdogg

Dec 28, 2009
New Jersey
I wanted to start a thread where people could post their speed test results for their Galaxy Avant . I did my first one this morning and I was pleasantly surprised by the results . Please feel free to share yours as well .
694b8a82c2a266e1b1d3955b0ce90d6a.jpg

806e92c14e5e6f7e7a3cedd900646fe1.jpg

Reactions: Blu8
Yes, I was indoors. Actually I was still laying in bed , Lol. It actually had slightly better download speeds than my WiFi that is in my basement but the wifi had a significantly better upload speed. I will test it outdoors this afternoon and post the results . I thought of trying it without the protective case too to see if it makes any difference . Thanks for responding !

Upvote 0
I'm thinking iiAriesii should comb the threads for some information on how people are setting up their Roms to so if there are some adjustments that can be made to get the speeds up . iiAriesii, did you run a Speedtest on WiFi too ? I'd be curious to see the numbers. I know you said you are in a valley but those are some awfully low numbers for LTE .

Upvote 0
I'm no expert by any means so please correct me if I am wrong. Would creating a new APN and changing the APN protocol from just iPV6 to iPV6 /iPV4 do anything to help with data speeds ? Also would this cause an instability in the performance of a custom Rom? I know to get certain apps like NoRoot Firewall to work on my Avant I had to create a new APN and change it from iPV6 to iPV6 /iPV4 to get it to work. It does work I just switch to my custom APN when I want to use the firewall. ( I haven't rooted yet but I have been trying to get around to it for awhile now so I can flash the Carrier IQ / Knox remover zip that Masterchief posted! ) . I can post screen shots and instructions on how to do it if you think it might help bring the data speeds up. It's basically just copying the original and changing the APN protocol. I'm not sure how familiar iiAriesii is with the process but I assume if he/she is flashing custom Roms that it should be a very simple task . Let me know your input on if something like this may help. I can post the instructions if necessary. Thanks

Upvote 0
I'm no expert by any means so please correct me if I am wrong. Would creating a new APN and changing the APN protocol from just iPV6 to iPV6 /iPV4 do anything to help with data speeds ? Also would this cause an instability in the performance of a custom Rom? I know to get certain apps like NoRoot Firewall to work on my Avant I had to create a new APN and change it from iPV6 to iPV6 /iPV4 to get it to work. It does work I just switch to my custom APN when I want to use the firewall. ( I haven't rooted yet but I have been trying to get around to it for awhile now so I can flash the Carrier IQ / Knox remover zip that Masterchief posted! ) . I can post screen shots and instructions on how to do it if you think it might help bring the data speeds up. It's basically just copying the original and changing the APN protocol. I'm not sure how familiar iiAriesii is with the process but I assume if he/she is flashing custom Roms that it should be a very simple task . Let me know your input on if something like this may help. I can post the instructions if necessary. Thanks
Can you please post instructions? Would mean a lot, I am still getting slow data speeds. Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones