• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root SPH-L710 None spark Boost i think

nofroyo

Lurker
Sep 8, 2015
Hi,

I have a boost S3 SPH-L710 phone that came with ICS and updated to kitkat 4.4.2. I think it came with ICS i am not sure though.

I am trying to load Lolipop 5.0 or 5.1 roms and none of them work. I do a system wipe, download both S3 Boost
& Sprint S3 roms and nothing works. I load the rom and it boots to the boot screen ie name of the rom like ACID or Liquid Smooth and it just stays there. I tried different recoverys like TWRP, CWM and Philz, updated tars to ND3 and the newer one. I am able to flash kitkat roms no problem just Lolipops.

http://androidforums.com/threads/bo...n-assert-script-to-flash-a-sprint-rom.841985/

I tried wipe Divek cache/cache and repair permissions, edit update script all that nonthing works. Any suggestions

This is the model i have, hope it helps

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=3805

Last edited:
here is my phone info

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-09-08-19-57-50.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-08-19-57-50.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 82
  • Screenshot_2015-09-08-19-57-55.png
    Screenshot_2015-09-08-19-57-55.png
    113.4 KB · Views: 44
Upvote 0
Essentially I can't get Lolipop CM to boot on my SPH-L70

I am able to install and boot the main recoverys with no issue, TWRP, CWM & Philz,

I Wipe, install and reboot

I get passed the samsung boot screen.

I get stuck at the rom's boot screen never get to the home screen on lolipop.

I let it sit for 15-25 minutes to boot and nothing.

Please help

Upvote 0
I believe I used 5.1.1 compatible gapps, I usually flash gapps after i get to the home screen from the old cm days on Gingerbread and ICS. Could that be the issue perhaps? Should i flash gapps first? then flash rom?

Honestly I have no clue why its happening? I tried to install rom and gapps too and nothing works. Never get to the home screen. what would be the best time to let it sit? As i mentioned above i timed it for 25 minutes one time and no home screen. Any help you can provide would be super

Upvote 0
I would try these gapps.
But if you already tried booting without gapps then it probably won't solve it. Worth a try though. I don't really know the problem, if youre not doing anything other than the mentioned steps it should be working. It literally works for everyone else.
I would odin back to stock and start over. Don't try restoring nandroids from other versions than what you odin (nj2, oh1, etc). Like if your on oh1, don't restore an nj2 nandroid.

Upvote 0
I would try these gapps.
But if you already tried booting without gapps then it probably won't solve it. Worth a try though. I don't really know the problem, if youre not doing anything other than the mentioned steps it should be working. It literally works for everyone else.
I would odin back to stock and start over. Don't try restoring nandroids from other versions than what you odin (nj2, oh1, etc). Like if your on oh1, don't restore an nj2 nandroid.

Yea ill try that, ill odin to latest stock i think Doh version, sorry if i misspelled it lol. I seen it in a post that someone asked earlier. so ill odin with that and try that. yea this phone is odd.

quick question i think this variant came with ICS, could that be the problem and hardware isn't compatible? It did go two version from ICS, Jellybean and Kitkat.?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones