• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spica 5700 availability in India

I called up the India-Haat customer care and talked to Kapil again. This time got an update and they're saying its undergoing a Quality Check (apparently they open the box and check for accessories - hope that's what it is). So they have 1 piece in stock for my order (hopefully qualifies the QA too).

And I asked him if more stock is available with them, but he wasn't sure. But he'll check and update the website accordingly by today evening (again, not sure the time line).

He said, by the end of today i should receive a tentative delivery date. *Fingers crossed*.

Upvote 0
The India-Haat Team now said that they might have gotten confused between i5700 and i7500. I may get a piece only after they confirm.

My fingers are now paining having kept them crossed so long.

If they don't have a piece then they will refund my money back (Not Again!)

I am seriously starting to think about buying a HTC Wildfire!!

Upvote 0
Today's the 4th day (3rd Business day). And I still have no update on the order status except that the payment was successful.

When I ask them if I can have a tentative delivery date, they said first that I would get to know on Monday evening itself. Now it's Wednesday and I still don't have a date.

I called them up to discuss the cost issue and they did seem professional. Now I am hoping *fingers crossed*, they r trustworthy too.

Will keep every one posted.
again I am sorry but I was traveling and didn

Upvote 0
For those unfortunate folks who're desperate to buy a similar phone.

There is a new Android budget phone (ofcourse the processor and screen resolution are inferior), but it has multi touch and runs on Android 2.1 too.

There is a good deal to buy HTC Wildfire (new for 14200/-)

eBay India: HTC Wildfire (Sealed) Save Rs 599/- From MRP Rs 14799 (item 250671534887 end time 31-Jul-2010 13:45:58 IST)

A quick comparison for people

Comparison Page - Phonegg.com

Upvote 0
Good pointer, the Wildfire is a decent alternative to the Spica.
Except for the slower processor (its a Qualcomm though, so might be more efficient) and battery capacity, it has better features than the Spica. It looks great too, check out some videos on youtube....
If prices come down to about 13k, its a good buy. Samsung looses out due to non-availability and flooding shelves with stupid products.

Upvote 0
I am interested in selling my Samsung Galaxy Spica which I bought in Feb 2010.
I want to buy the Samsung Galaxy S and would be willing to sell my Spica in case someone can offer me a good price.

I really dont know the value of a 5/6 month old Spica in the market but I am willing to consider selling. I bought it for a little more than 13000 in Mumbai.

All the documents are there, bill, warranty, box with all the accessories. Its also running 2.1. I also have the spare scratch guards specifically for the spica ordered on ebay Global Easy Buy which will definitely be part of the package and I also have a car charger which I might consider throwing in.

So let me know if anyone is interested.

Upvote 0
Guys I am selling my 3 month old Spica i5700 running on stock 2.1 from factory manufacturing Apr 2010. With Bill and warranty valid for 8-9months

This was not a primary phone was surfing internet and enjoying the android experience. No scratches and I mean it.

I stay in Navi Mumbai and looking at buyers from Mumbai only. Complete Box with all accessories and a spare scratch guard as well.
Dealer offer is 8k looking for a higher price as I need to buy Galaxy S

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones