• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spoofing Location for apps

Dpadre

Jun 27, 2013
Kansas
Please forgive me if I am asking a question that might break terms of use of apps, if so please feel free to let me know or take down my post. I have heard that there are ways to spoof your location so Netflix will offer you a different movies, I'm not too sure if it pc based only, I'd be interested in spoofing on my cell phone. I am also curious if there is a way to spoof location for Radio station apps like Tunein or iHeart Radio. I ask because I like to listen to games on my phone (Galaxy S3) that are in my area that are blacked out. I never did get why or if I even understand this right. Today for example there was a game on a local radio FM station and I found the station on the app. but it wasn

A Playstore search of "spoof location" gives four results as in attached screenshot.

Also xprivacy xposed module can do this a lot more)
d2f14e13872a71ba4294c926dc09f9ef.jpg

Upvote 0
A Playstore search of "spoof location" gives four results as in attached screenshot.

Also xprivacy xposed module can do this a lot more)
d2f14e13872a71ba4294c926dc09f9ef.jpg

I tried one of those above, I looked at three. I followed the instructions and went to developer options and allowed mock locations. I even toggled different things like airplane mode with only Wi-Fi on. Seems like I need to spoof my Wi-Fi location as well. I don't think there is a way to spoof cellphone towers so that's why I tried using airplay mode. I need to trick my phone but I haven't figured it out yet.

Anyone got ideas or have actually done it?

Upvote 0
I was under the impression that most of these apps that restrict products/music/whatever on a geographical basis do so based on your ip address, thus they have your isp thus your location (at least to country level but probably to a much finer granularity) so it's this you have to 'spoof'. The apps above spoof your gps location which is not what is being used.

I'd go looking for apps that allow you to connect to the interweb via a proxy server that fools the app. Not tried any myself so can't give any more advice than that .....

Dave

Upvote 0
I’m not rooted. I have an Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 SCH-I535 running KitKat 4.4.2 I’ve thought about rooting it. December is when my contract is up and I want to get a bigger screen phone, more than likely the Note 4. I looked over the Xposed app in the play store. It did say for Root. I like the privacy it gives you, but some of it was a little over my head, unless it’s a matter of checking and unchecking boxes and trying out what changed without bricking my phone, then I would give it a go, but I don’t know how to root my phone. I do have a pc. I’d have to watch videos and make notes in the list of things to do and not do. Seems like a bunch of work to me. Any other information on rooting or how to use a proxy server is welcomed. Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones