• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sporting attire

D

Deleted User

I'm watching the indoor world athletic championships, and some of the shorts worn by the women athletes are, well, a bit skimpy. I'm not really complaining, but they don't look that comfortable for the athlete. Especially pole vaulters and long jumpers. :thinking::p

Reactions: joe71
Not sure to be honest :eek:

If skimpy attire looks uncomfy, wonder how hockey goalies feel with all that padding on, trying to move :eek:
jason-lives-poster.png

Reactions: tube517 and joe71
Upvote 0
I will watch the Summer 2018 Olympics.
Which countries hosting?

Next Olympic games are in 2020, in Tokyo.

If skimpy attire looks uncomfy, wonder how hockey goalies feel with all that padding on, trying to move :eek:

:) I wouldn't fancy a hockey puck in the face, or anywhere else really, so I'll take the padding. They don't have to move very far.

Reactions: Mikestony
Upvote 0

Goalie pads aren't that bad. They aren't super heavy or anything. Over the years, the gear has gotten lighter and more comfortable. The weight is distributed all over fairly evenly.

The pads are very warm. It's not too bad playing ice hockey. However, in the summer, many rinks remove the ice for playing roller hockey and turn off the refrigeration. It could get over 30 degrees (Celsius) in the rink when playing roller hockey. I have heard of a goalie passing out due to the heat.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones