• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sports Score Tracker for inter-mural, pick-up, and kids leagues

Hello all,

I would really like to see an app for tracking inter-mural sports. I am more interested in tracking teams, scores and game times for my pick-up basketball league, but I think the app could be used for kids soccer and football games and scrimmages.

The Idea...
Allow the sport and specific values to be defined. Example "Basketball - Pickup"

Here i could define the game timer of 15 min countdown clock. Scores are by 1's and winning score is 7.

Next, give me a player list. Allow me to add the names of the 30 or so guys that play in the pick-up league.

When I track a game, show all the players listed so that i can pick their team assignment. I am thinking the entire list show twice on both sides of the screen. I can scroll on the left or the right side and select the players for the 'white' and 'dark' teams. Then I click 'done' at bottom (crude mock-up below).

:) | :)
:mad: | :mad:
:( |:(
:D | :D
... | ...
>Done<

Once i click done I get a screen with a countdown timer from 15:00 mins and a button for each team to count score. A warning message at a variable would be great (like 2 min warning).

When the game is done have a confirmation message to save the data and give each player a W-L record to go with their player ID.

This is sort of highlevel and I am sure with a little more focus it could be made pretty flexible and slick. Willing to work with a developer to work out functions and bugs.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones