• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Spotify pausing between tracks

Spotify seems to fall asleep after several tracks on my Hero (3UK). Pressing Home and swiping down the lock screen is usually enough to get it going again. This happens in offline and online mode, and whether connected to 3G, HSDPA or WiFi. Is there some Idle setting that I need to alter so I can listen to an album all the way through?!

This seem to be a common problem with spotify on Hero:
*Spotify Forum music pausing and stuttering

*Spotify Forum music pausing

For me there is a lot of stuttering, when doing something else on the phone while listening to spotify.
And music stops after each track when phone is idle (screen is off). To start the music I have to push a button, or wake the phone up(adjusting the volume starts the music again).

The stuttering came with 2.1 update. The halt in music started when the spotify app was updated in June (or May).

I believe this is a problem with spotify, and not the phone.
(The stuttering can be a phone issue (or CPU/Memory issue), but the halt in music is probably a spotify issue)

C

Reactions: andyjohnjones
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones