• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint/Cricket] First Time I Didn't Use Cyanogenmod...

JaydeEvo

Aug 16, 2011
United States
I installed the Blazer Phantom Rom today on my GS3 (Sprint). I have used CM before on all my previous devices (MyTouch 4G, Evo, Galaxy S2) and have had bad experiences using other ROMs. (Bricked MyTouch and Epic 4G). I completed the install, but my device doesn't give any indication that the flash worked correctly (in about phone). There are clearly modifications done (Beats Audio) but nothing in the system that says that I was correctly done. Usually CM says in about phone that I am using whatever version

blazer isnt a cm build as far as i know...

[ROM]Blazer ROM[8/7/12][Haters Gonna Hate][LG8][v1.7] - xda-developers

The goal of this ROM is to be the smoothest with the best battery life out there, I think I accomplished that.
Based on latest OTA update LG2 - thanks to freeza

hope this is helpful, unless i missed the point of the post entirely... which is possible LoL

oh, it is an LG8 update tho
Changelog:
----------------------
Updated to LG8
Everything from previous versions
Cleaned a lot up
Lowered time it takes for recent apps to show
----------------------

Upvote 0
No, I understand that it isnt a CM ROM. I just was curious about why in the about phone, it doesn't mention anything about being a Blazer ROM. So far, no complaints. It runs very smooth. I am not really a fan of TouchWiz so I use Go Launcher anyway but other than that, as long as I don't play data intensive games for large amounts of time, the battery life is more than enough to get me through a standard day. I could definitely not say that previously.

Upvote 0
oh, and you might wanna check out either nova launcher or uhhhhh, what the hell is the other ICS and above launcher..... CRAP!!! i cant remember, but there are 2 launchers out there that only ICS and above roms can use.... just a kinda 1337 thing i guess lol

i just remembered, the other is called apex. theyre not as customizable as go and im not quite sure what meakes them so unique to ICS and above roms, but theyre only available on them

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones