• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint/Cricket] titanium backup force install?

so im trying to get the mms on my sprint s3 flashed to metro working. so i downloaded titanium backup as instructed to get my mms up and running. But when i open titanium i get a popup saying to download a free game. I cant get beyond that point without downloading it. so i did went back to titanium and its asking me to install the same game again. whats going on? this has never happened before..

so im trying to get the mms on my sprint s3 flashed to metro working. so i downloaded titanium backup as instructed to get my mms up and running. But when i open titanium i get a popup saying to download a free game. I cant get beyond that point without downloading it. so i did went back to titanium and its asking me to install the same game again. whats going on? this has never happened before..

Are you referring to Titanium Backup? If so, it sounds to me like the Titanium that you've installed isn't the proper Titanium Backup app. I used Titanium Backup for quite a while and it never tried to force me to install a game, unless this is something new with Ti. This sounds kinda like malware. Can you uninstall the Titanium Backup that you have and install it from this link? There have been lots of reports of people trying to pass malware off as legitimate apps.

Reactions: DragonSlayer95
Upvote 0
Where exactly are you getting the app from? This sounds strangely like the apps being passed off by sites which deal in pirated apps. If you are indeed getting your pro copy from a legitimate source it is highly unlikely that you would be required to jump through hoops to install an app for which you have already paid. Not an accusation and there's no judgement on my end but i think this is the risk we run if /when we try to save a few bucks by installing pirated apps. Id encourage you to spend the couple of bucks and purchase the app from the market. It's well worth the cost and the developer is constantly working to make it better. He deserves our support.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones