• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Sprint ID on Epic?

I guess I will just have to wait and see how bad Sprint ID is... I just really dislike when any carrier forces some app, etc onto your phone with an update, with absolutely no way of deleting it... Well, you can always root, but you shouldn't have to go to that measure.

I mean the two big Android phones for Sprint right now are the Epic and the EVO, which both already have TouchWhiz and Sense, do we really need another additional layer of apps, widgets, etc?

But like I said, I will try giving it an honest shot, but I'm guessing it will accidentally get removed...

Upvote 0
If they deploy it like they did with other phones, it actually means LESS bloatware. You can install the "Clean" ID pack which is NO apps, wallpaper, or ringtones.

It looks like it will have that option as well, allowing for a stock 2.2.1 android experience.

Here are a couple links from CNET talking about Sprint ID...

Subtler Sprint ID arriving on Samsung's Epic 4G, Galaxy Tab | CTIA 2011 - CNET Reviews

Sprint ID for Android smartphones (review) | CTIA 2011 - CNET Reviews

Upvote 0
Umm, you want it? Sounds like more useless bloatware to me, but I could be wrong. Any reason you are looking for this?

yea its crap from what I know - just install a custom rom with all this crap removed and have a better phone

oh, yea, also no carrierIQ! read about that its a big problem IMO if only for the battery life it kills

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones