• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint Note 3 Pre-orders now available on Best Buy's website!

xaelith

Android Enthusiast
May 19, 2012
Utah
I was browsing the Best Buy app, and came across the Sprint Note 3. To make sure it wasn't a trick, I also checked Best Buy's desktop site via Chrome.

Screenshot:
(apologies for the volume bar in the way, my Photon Q does that sometimes :p)
L5Gcj6zr

Black Sprint Note 3 link

White Sprint Note 3 link

Reactions: drexappeal
I need the unlimited plan with family. My two daughters and I stay on the net. I don't have a problem with the speed. But I have been with them so long, I don't know how fast other carriers are.

If you are streaming an hd video, does it lag or pause a lot?

Also, have you tried third party hotspot apps for tethering unlimited?

I'm grandfathered into Verizon unlimited, which I will probably never give up if I don't have to, but I'm so sick of Verizon's stupidity so I'm just curious.

Upvote 0
If you are streaming an hd video, does it lag or pause a lot?

Also, have you tried third party hotspot apps for tethering unlimited?

I'm grandfathered into Verizon unlimited, which I will probably never give up if I don't have to, but I'm so sick of Verizon's stupidity so I'm just curious.

If you are grandfathered into Verizon, I wouldn't consider switching yet. Sprint still has a long way to go until network vision (their update plan for 3g and lte) that I'm pretty much anticipating no changes in reliability and speed until 2015 at the earliest. If it's faster than that, great, but I'm not holding my breathe.

Only reason I'd switch, if I were in your shoes, is if savings is so significant and Sprint coverage in your most frequented areas is just as good.

And I've been with Sprint since 2000, so I'm definitely not a sprint hater, just realistic.

3rd party hotspot apps like foxfi are blocked using wifi. You'd need to root or use bluetooth tether

In good coverage stream is fine. Only when otg there might be lag

Upvote 0
Thanks, Drex.

I don't have any intentions at this point, just frustrated with Verizon at the moment.

No worries. I wish I could say that Sprint is completely underrated, but I can't say that is the case right now. Once network vision is complete and Sprint has tri-band lte up and running 100%, it might be a completely different story, but for now, the only pitch that I would give for recommending Sprint is overall cost savings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones