• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Sprint offers wifi calling

Rxpert83

Dr. Feelgood
Aug 30, 2011
MN
Reactions: kate and DonB
Official announcement for WiFi calling from Sprint. Interesting that this seems to imply you can use it while roaming, while other articles have said you can only use it within Sprints coverage areas.

For customers that travel outside of Sprint’s coverage or experience poor coverage in their homes or office, Wi-Fi Calling is a solution that addresses these issues.

Upvote 0
I don't know much about wifi calling. Would this still work if you were in an international market and on wifi?

Theoretically yes WiFi calling works when international, but in reality it doesn't look like Sprint will allow it in their implementation. There should be third parties around that though that are already available

Reactions: falconey
Upvote 0
is it available for mortals like MVNO boosmobile? or just sprint?

Ting, another Sprint MVNO, has said the Sprint WiFi calling feature will not work with their service so they are making their own WiFi calling app.

Based on that I would assume Sprint WiFi calling only works with Sprint service, but don't know for sure.

Upvote 0
I haven't heard anything and was wondering what the status is on the One M7 getting wifi calling. As I recall Sprint was going to bring it out to most of their phones by the end of the year and although we still have two months left things have been quiet on that front.
Unfortunately, the last I heard was that Sprint had decided not to roll-out the WiFi Calling for the M7

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones