• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Profile and PRL?? Does it "stay" after flashing nand??

scudder

Android Expert
May 21, 2010
State of Confusion (FL too)
Hi Everyone...

I have my ONE rooted running a ViperOne ROM. I also have a HTC LTE on Sprint and my data and phone connectivity has been crappy for a few days. I was thinking to update profile and/or PRL for both phones.

I have had a problem updating the profile and prl on my ONE getting a failure/could not connect errors. I have been able to update the profile if I revert to a "stock rooted" nand pre-ViperOne ROM. I then flash the most recent recovery I have back to my current ViperOne state.

QUESTION: do any profile or prl updates that I do when I flash back to "stock rooted" PERSIST when I flash back to my current ROM and information?? Or are my profile and prl information with the network saved with the ROM and revert to the most recent version??

Forgive me if the answer is a roll-your-eyes to some but I just didn't know what exactly changed with my profile and prl updates in the past and whether the updates it "stuck" after flashing a nand. I wanted to try to update them because that seems to have helped me obtain better connectivity in the past.

Thank you!

Scott

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones