• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Sprint] Unable to Enable Write/Delete External Storage

LumpyLouis

Jun 17, 2010
I hate the built in Gallery app and use QuickPic. I am unable to delete pics from my SD card. I have installed a couple different Xposed plugins for this but none seem to work with QuickPic. I still get the "Failed! System dont allow you to write the external storage since Android 4.4..." message. I have tried "HandleExternalStorage" and "KitKad SD Card Full Access" and cleared cache on the app as well. Thanks

I'm assuming by some of the apps you named and the location of this post that your device is rooted? are you currently running a custom rom?

I believe to enable the write permissions to sd on 4.4+ roms, you can edit a permission.xml file located in system to enable the feature! ;)

i will look for the link to find out exactly which file and what to edit but i remember doing it for the "Number Two Rom" I recently released in this forum!

EDIT: found the link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2687734

check that out!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones