• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Starting a Game Dev Team

BlindGeek81

Lurker
Jul 25, 2015
Hi, everyone! :D I am a website developer in Rapid City, SD. I am legally blind; when I am on the computer (Windows 7), I use 350x-400x screen magnification. I have always been interested in game development, but have difficulty coding "from scratch".

I would like to get a small team of developers together - a coder or two, a graphic artist, and someone who can create sound effects and background music - to develop some awesome game ideas I have. I would also like to contribute my skills as another artist in our team; I enjoy creating characters, smaller game elements (i.e. jewels in a Bejeweled clone or pipes in a Flow clone), and UI elements of the game. I will also come up with the name and powerup/obstacle ideas, I need an artist who is good with the bigger picture - backgrounds, logos, etc. At least one of the coders should be good with special effects.

I also want to omit some features of today's more popular games, such as the limitation of 5 lives and needing to ask friends for help. Scores, however, can be shared on any popular social media site. There will also be different modes for each game:
  • Endless - play until you lose - no time, no moves, though things will change as the level gets higher)
  • Timed - get the highest score before time runs out
  • Puzzle/Goal - classic gameplay, with goals, moves, stars, etc.

When the games are ready for publication, they will be free, but an ad-free version will be available for purchase. I'm not worried about money; I just want to make something awesome.

If you would like to work with me in developing our own more awesome versions of the following games, please reply to this thread with your specialty, like me on Facebook(https://www.facebook.com/graphicsgeekwebsites) or follow me on Google+ (https://plus.google.com/+Graphicsgeek81000/about) and we will exchange emails.

Thanks! :D I look forward to hearing from you!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones