• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stellar totally frozen, tried fixing all day, nothing working

nataliesong

Lurker
Apr 13, 2014
Hi, sorry that I am unfamiliar with this forum and if I mess up on format or anything but I'm super frazzled right now.

Anyway, I had my phone plugged in to charge overnight as I always do and when I woke up (much later than anticipated, as my phone alarm didn't go off) I checked it and the screen was black with just the Samsung logo across it.

I tried holding down the power button to turn it off, hoping that a quick reboot would fix it, but nothing happened. I took the battery out, reinserted it, and was given the same logo screen. The screen blinked for a split second like it usually does before the startup animation, but instead of starting the animation it just continued to display the logo.

Power+Home+Vol Up gives me a screen with the Android logo in the center and "Downloading.. Do not turn off target !!" beneath it; in the top left corner is:

Could not do normal boot.
ODIN MODE

PRODUCT NAME: SCH-1200
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: No
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: NONE
DUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE

I tried letting it sit on this screen for over an hour and it showed no changes.
Power+Home+Vol Down gives me the screen for a custom OS with options to press Vol Up to continue or Vol Down to cancel. Up takes me back to the Odin Mode screen, while Down takes me to the logo screen again.

When I plug the phone in to charge without having turned it on first, it displays a grey battery with the loading circle in the middle, but the circle does not move at all. There is no animation. I tried connecting it to my computer (running Windows 8) with a USB cable, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. There have been no lights in the upper corner to denote charging, etc at any point.

I've tried all of these steps multiple times with combinations of battery/SIM card/SD card in hopes that something would work, but to no avail. Has anyone had any experience with something like this? I wouldn't even mind doing a full factory reset or something like that, and I would have at this point if I could get to a place where it was possible. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones