• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Step by Step Rooting Instructions: for Huawei Ascend

guys i need help, so i accedently deleted these apps,
Mobil IM
mail@metro
virtualCard 1.4
metroNavigator
Myextras
Loopt
MocoSpace
My notepad
work 1.0
entertainment 1.0
pocket express
MetroPCS Easy wifi
Metro 411
notepad
metro backup
youtube
____are there any that i didnt need to delete but deleted??? and they wont (titanium backup pro) restore them, and i unistalled youtube now i cant even use youtube, so can some one help me, and i completly unistalled it, cause i wanted to test something now i cant even download it ,it says that it is not installed when i try to download the apk again

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
guys i need help, so i accedently deleted these apps,
Mobil IM
mail@metro
virtualCard 1.4
metroNavigator
Myextras
Loopt
MocoSpace
My notepad
work 1.0
entertainment 1.0
pocket express
MetroPCS Easy wifi
Metro 411
notepad
metro backup
youtube
____are there any that i didnt need to delete but deleted??? and they wont (titanium backup pro) restore them, and i unistalled youtube now i cant even use youtube, so can some one help me, and i completly unistalled it, cause i wanted to test something now i cant even download it ,it says that it is not installed when i try to download the apk again
If you download the apk and its not installed, you need to go into the file manager to install it...

Upvote 0
i do know how to install it but when i do it says that it can not

I meant that i overlooked a simple reason why it was not working and did not verify if it was the cause of the problem. Now that we know this is not the case, the only other option, that i know of, is to flash the stock rom again. Did you attempt that method?

Upvote 0
:thinking:I hope I'm not being a pain but I am really just trying to get this fixed! I am following all of the directions and am watching youtube videos on my pc giving step by step instructions on how to do this stuff.... as I mentioned in an earlier post, I rooted my phone a few days ago, now cannot restore youtube using tibu, just installed youtube.apk, it installed, I went to youtube to see if it works but I get an error msg whenever I click on a video, what should I do next, very much a newbie at this but willing to learn all I can to make the most out of my phone, Thanks again for any help offered :)

Upvote 0
:thinking:I hope I'm not being a pain but I am really just trying to get this fixed! I am following all of the directions and am watching youtube videos on my pc giving step by step instructions on how to do this stuff.... as I mentioned in an earlier post, I rooted my phone a few days ago, now cannot restore youtube using tibu, just installed youtube.apk, it installed, I went to youtube to see if it works but I get an error msg whenever I click on a video, what should I do next, very much a newbie at this but willing to learn all I can to make the most out of my phone, Thanks again for any help offered :)

well you could use the recovery for your phone via fastboot method and see if that works....

Upvote 0
I rooted my phone and am very excited that I was able to accomplish that much without bricking my phone. (which was the main reason it took me so long to commit to it.) But then I found this guide and am very happy with the details you have put it in.

Although, before I go any further, I do have a question. I don't have money to purchase the Titanium Back-up pro at the moment. Do you suggest I wait to do anything more, or get the free version? and would it necessarily be bad if I don't back-up any of the apps that clog up my phone and just delete them?

Thank you for your time.

Upvote 0
I rooted my phone and am very excited that I was able to accomplish that much without bricking my phone. (which was the main reason it took me so long to commit to it.) But then I found this guide and am very happy with the details you have put it in.

Although, before I go any further, I do have a question. I don't have money to purchase the Titanium Back-up pro at the moment. Do you suggest I wait to do anything more, or get the free version? and would it necessarily be bad if I don't back-up any of the apps that clog up my phone and just delete them?

Thank you for your time.

You don't need the paid version. The only benefit is that you can freeze apps which is kind of useless anyways. You can use the free version, and it's wise to always back up either with titanium or with cwm.

Upvote 0
Alright...so i can just back up and then uninstall? Or would that to irrevocable harm to my phone?

No matter what you do to your phone, realistically, you can undo by flashing the stock rom. Don't remove anything google related and you will be fine. If you get in to flashing the newer mods it will not matter what you did to the stock rom.

Reactions: IzzyLawliet
Upvote 0
I have this phone on Metro. I got it for my GF and she has had nothing but problems. Now say I root it. How come I can't delete all the metro apps. I have the Optimus M and I threw that shit out the window (The Metro apps).
Go to this thread:
http://androidforums.com/ascend-all-things-root/320265-ultimate-ascend-customization-guide.html

Choose one of the roms there.
Make sure to read EVERYTHING before you flash a certain rom. Just follow the instructions there. Any of the roms are going to REALLY speed up the phone. I think your GF will appreciate it! :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones