• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Steven News. Baby pic!

Less than a month to go. That said, my wife was two weeks early and her mom's labor with her was only 8 hours. First sign of serious labor, I'm atta here.

Speaking of my wife, she has been one amazing preggo. She's been very kind to me, loving and relatively unmoody considering all she's dealing with. And it's been a lot. "My wife. I think I'll keep her!"

Upvote 0
I'm just so in awe of you, @Steven58! I can't *imagine* having a baby at our age. My cousin and I were talking about you the other day--I had told her about a fellow Baby Boomer I knew online who's having a baby--and she just couldn't imagine it either. We're both so set in our ways!

But I know from experience that we adapt as need be, so I can see how you and other 'geriatric' new parents make it all work. I'm still hoping your baby will hold out until December 8th! :D

Upvote 0
I'm just so in awe of you, @Steven58! I can't *imagine* having a baby at our age. My cousin and I were talking about you the other day--I had told her about a fellow Baby Boomer I knew online who's having a baby--and she just couldn't imagine it either. We're both so set in our ways!

But I know from experience that we adapt as need be, so I can see how you and other 'geriatric' new parents make it all work. I'm still hoping your baby will hold out until December 8th! :D

Here's the reason. After my wife died, I married a younger woman. Being an older man, I know about life and people and my current wife would make a fantastic mother. Me? I love kids. Love them. I like being around them because I'm sillier than they are. I told her that I had my children and if she wanted any, it would have to come from her. She did and here we are. I couldn't see begrudging a wonderful woman who would make a wonderful mother, children.

3.5 weeks or so away. Can't wait. I just put the car seat bases and reflecting mirrors, so we the rear-facing baby, in the car today! Getting ready for the baby, baby.

Upvote 0
76FCF3E3-902F-486B-9271-4B1FB81E5D0D.jpeg
Meet Isabelle. Born December 1!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones