• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Still 2.29.405.7 (not 14)?

seeding11

Lurker
Jan 9, 2012
UK
Hi all - I'm a long time reader but this is my first post (plus I gave birth recently), so please be gentle if I am asking a stupid question :)

I am in the UK and have a sim-free Desire, which never been rooted or modified in any way other than routine OTA updates. I was looking into rooting, unlocking the bootloader, etc (no space like everyone else) but I was "rejected" by the HTC website because I'm still on 2.29.405.7 instead of 2.29.405.14. My phone reports that it is up to date when I check manually. Am I being thick, or can anyone think of another reason that I have missed the update? Could it have been pulled because of the bugs that I've been reading about?

UPDATE: I gave up and did things the "unofficial" way. I'm now the happy owner of a rooted phone. The rooting guides on this forum are fantastic so thanks everyone!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones