• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Certainly you've heard of "The Animals of Farthing Wood" aka the Game of Thrones in animated form! I'm hoping to find a physical copy of that one eventually.

Full House is a show that stars Bob Saget, Candace Cameron, Mary Kate and Ashley, and a few others in a San Francisco, CA setting, where the dad and two uncles raise a house with two young girls and an infant, who later grows up across the many seasons it aired. It launched in 1987 and was cancelled in 1996.

Upvote 0
The only American sitcom I'm totally familiar with is Friends. Mainly because it was required viewing at Gateway Language Village in Hangzhou, for students' English listening practice. And they had every episode available. Basically they'd watch and study a show, and we'd have to test them on it afterwards. I'd certainly not watch Friends otherwise, not unless I was been paid to do it.

Years ago when I was a kid, I used to like MASH, Happy Days, and Mork & Mindy. Also watching Laverne & Shirley, and Rhoda with my mum.

Last edited:
Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0
I loved those too. I'm an even bigger fan of '60s TV. I got the entire series of M*A*S*H on DVD, and loved Happy Days, but Mork and Mindy was such a huge downgrade compared to the Mork character starring in episodes of Happy Days--it wasn't the same fun. It was kinda, well, bland.

I love Laverne and Shirley (especially the Lenny and Squiggy segments), along with the Odd Couple, Green Acres (reminds me of the people around here!), as well as The Andy Griffith Show, Bewitched, the Munsters, Lassie (if you can even get that one--unobtainium both on physical as well as digital, this being the '50s series, not the movies) and many more. Since in the early 80's Nickelodeon had very little of their own content they often ran reruns of 50s and 60s shows when they had open time slots (later putting it into their Nick@Nite evening block), I was exposed far more to that era in TV than the 'modern' 80s era at the time, and the only exposure to 80's television were the Saturday morning cartoons like He-Man, Voltron, The Wuzzles and others.

I have always been fond of old things too, and being around my great grandparents a lot as a child made me more enamoured by the 1950s-60s style of culture, tech and life in general. That's why I'm like I am, and resistant to any form of 'future' I don't feel I belong in. I was probably the last generation that was taught how to take things apart, repair them and read schematics as I was growing up. Back then, at least until the mid-80s that was considered a vital childhood skill, and a benefit later in life.

Personally, I'd rather spend my off time re-aligning the IF transformers and tuners in my AM radios and enjoy the warmer sound of them over dealing with buffering, compression and other disadvantages of just pulling songs up on your phone. Radio is free, subscriptions to multiple services are not. Around here, there's plenty of great classic music stations on AM. Radio doesn't need internet, nor app updates, or accounts much less data gathering.

Reactions: puppykickr
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones