• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Still getting Process com.google.process.gapps has stoped unexpectedly !!!

TJS_03

Feb 19, 2010
I've searched around the forums (here and SDX forums) and although it seems the few people that had this issue were able to solve it, my case seems a bit different.

It's different because of the people I've read solving the issue, it was a problem with something they changed / removed with gmail / gmail storage or talk / talk storage. And when they cleared the cache or re-installed the problem went away. Also, it seemed that the same people had a problem with downloading from the market...

Neither of the above apply to me, but yet I'm still getting this FC error all the time!

I was helping a friend with their CL14 Moment out of the box...and went from stock 1.5 CL14 to 2.1 DD03 w/Joey recovery to EclairDD10 and v5 root. I then did the streaming media fix, and then the private app (build.prop) fix (all previously done with my phone no problems). I did all of these update right in a row, and after my last re-boot the FC error (process com.google.process.gapps has stoped unexpectedly) started showing up and won't go away.

EDIT: The only .apk / odex files I removed were the preloaded Sprint apps

Does anybody have any other ideas on how I can get this FC error to stop?? I've tried clearing the cache / data for all the mail / talk apps, rebooted, cleared dalvik cache...

Any help is MUCH appreciated,

TIA

When you moved either the orig or the modified build.prop into the system folder, did you reset the file permissions to "rw-r--r--"? Check and see if your build.prop permissions aren't denying the system access to read the file. I discovered this phenom of changing file permissions on push/move and copy/paste back when I replaced a custom theme font with the original droid-sans and my notification bar clock disappeared.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones