1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Still like my Charge! But want to root now!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GrammieDroid, Jan 19, 2013.

1. GrammieDroid

GrammieDroid Member

I know many people knock on the Charge but I have had mine since June 2011 and have never rooted it. I have gorilla glass, a great screen, ok a slower processer but I do have that 32GB sd card which is removable and many phones don't have that anymore.
    That being said, I now want to root to get rid of those pesky verizon apps that I cannot get rid of. Also I don't use all those music apps since I have sirius in the car.
    Question is, can I still use the one click root method with all the updates they have done on the Charge? Thankyou so much for all the help!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. stats

stats Lurker

ChargeForums has quite a bit of info for you. I rooted my charge recently and loaded Tweaked 3.2. It feels like I have a new phone!

Cheers,
    Rich

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Start here, GrammieDroid: http://androidforums.com/charge-all-things-root/431239-samsung-droid-charge-rooting-guide.html ;)

GrammieDroid likes this.
  4. syntrix

syntrix Android Expert

Is that outdated, or can you confirm that voodoo/cwm works great on the latest/last VZW OTA?

I have a ton of files from the day, and have NO notes on any of the files, but I have a used Charge for a backup in hand :)

I never got the final OTA update during my ownership during the day, and there's almost no info on that version and rooting/CWM/etc.

Samsung Droid Charge Forum

The Samsung Droid Charge release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1600mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews