• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Stock build number

Hey everyone,

In an attempt to get me data back on I've re-installed the rooted stock rogers 2.1 build. I get the following when looking at the software info screen:

Firmware Version = 2.1-update1
Baseband Version = 63.18.55.06QU_6.35.16.19
Kernel Version = 2.6.29.9cfb347e htc-kernel@and18-2 #1
Build Number = 3.54.631.3 CL220450 release-keys
Software Number = 3.54.631.3
Browser Version = WebKit 3.1

Can anyone with the official Rogers update confirm that their info on this screen is the same? If not what's different? Thanks!

When talking with Rogers support they also ask for the build number to see if you are running their software.

I'll give it a few more hours and then calling them back as I was told that if I'm running the "proper" software the data should come back on its own after 24 hours...

At this point I should be able to get a freaking network refresh out of these guys I hope!

Upvote 0
keep trying until you find the guy that will do the right thing and just give you a network refresh. I've always told them that I've re-Sim'd a different phone in the meantime but will go back to my normal phone once I know that a refresh has been done. I've done that about 5 times but since then I've been extra careful about my radio version (I'll run Simless until I'm certain) and haven't lost data in several months despite lots of roms.

Upvote 0
Got them to do the reset for me...

Just loaded the rooted Rogers rom and told them that I'm running the current version. They did a network refresh but still no data or cell bars for that matter! Second refresh and still nothing. Factory reset and we were in buisness... Not sure what happened there?!?

Got a little concerned when the Factory Reset menu option wasn't in the same place as what the Rogers guys said. I asked him if his notes were for the 2.1 update... He grabed an actual phone and confirmed that the menus had changed, oooff!!! ;-)

Okay so the factory reset dropped me into RA recovery and I had to manually reboot the phone. But he didn't need to know that! ;-)

So back in comms and now just watiing for the waiver stuff to get cleared up.

Upvote 0
So back in comms and now just watiing for the waiver stuff to get cleared up.

glad you got back online. With the right radio version you won't need to sign the waiver and I think it will only cause more trouble. If that is the contract phone they already know about then up to you but I'm not signing and haven't had data issues for months.

Always check your APN, some of the roms don't have the rogers apn but that rooted rogers rom should. I got tired of the Sense and now use ADW and get a little more snap.

Upvote 0
It's not even possible to sign that stupid waiver right now, it won't accept my IMEI number. I actually want to sign it in order to switch to CM6. And Rogers cannot do anything about it.

CM6 and variants work a lot better with the old radio anyway so if you run the 3.22.26.17 version you still won't need to sign the waiver. I ran it since it came out and haven't lost data. I now have a new radio 2.1 and still don't have data issues.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones