• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [STOCK][LINARO 4.9.3] Volt Uno v3.3

It does, make sure you got the correct script, I updated it a few times. You can check the value in terminal/adb shell with "cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness" or check the value in "kernel adiutor"
I did... I didn't even get the script until after all your updates. Checked in both, it's set to 60, not 100. Even went through and removed all my other init.d mods to make sure something wasn't interfering.

Upvote 0
I did... I didn't even get the script until after all your updates. Checked in both, it's set to 60, not 100. Even went through and removed all my other init.d mods to make sure something wasn't interfering.
Without having your device in front of me to check I cannot be sure what is different. It works here, I have a busybox update installed to the system (via busybox app) and the script as I posted it earlier installed under /etc/init.d/12zram with chmod 755. Make sure no app is set to change the swappiness value.

EDIT: Could you try running the last line of the script manually but with a value?
Code:
echo 100 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It seems to be playing nicely with the swap script as well so far. :)

So glad you took up the reins on this kernel!

I don't get why Zram wasn't included in the stock kernel?

Just want to make sure people know, most of this kernel is working because of what @spock1104 has done. All I did was turn on some extra settings in the .config to get zram to compile which anyone could have done.

Reactions: gronhog
Upvote 0
Just want to make sure people know, most of this kernel is working because of what @spock1104 has done. All I did was turn on some extra settings in the .config to get zram to compile which anyone could have done.
Gotta start somewhere! Congrats, you're a dev now :p

I'm working on shrinking the kernel down so we can fit more stuff in here. Looks like they went nuts with the drivers.

Upvote 0
Without having your device in front of me to check I cannot be sure what is different. It works here, I have a busybox update installed to the system (via busybox app) and the script as I posted it earlier installed under /etc/init.d/12zram with chmod 755. Make sure no app is set to change the swappiness value.

EDIT: Could you try running the last line of the script manually but with a value?
Code:
echo 100 > /proc/sys/vm/swappiness
The only thing I have installed that would be messing with the swappiness is Kernel Adiutor, and I straight wiped it's data so it's not even active. :(

Ran the command, had to go su, and it actually complained about the > the first time, oddly, but it executed and changed the swappiness.

EDIT: rebooted and it's back to 60...I have the script named 99zram so it runs last. I've wiped cache and dalvik too in the process of troubleshooting this. I guess I have some investigating to do.

EDIT2: Got it! I noticed there was a bit about waiting for the Xperia launcher to load, which I don't have, so I deleted it. Rebooted and it set fine.

Attachments

• 1449838198936.jpg
    1449838198936.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Reactions: ShapeShifter499
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones