• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

stock music player 5.1 audio

It messes with the audio but I hardly feel "trapped". All it is is some artificial audio processing thrown in.

Explain to me how you get "5.1" audio from a 2-channel data stream being played out of 2 speakers.

I'd rather listen to the audio the way the sound engineer intended (safe to say his training, credentials, and paycheck far-exceed whatever Samsung monkey invented the fake "5.1" button).

Reactions: vt6spd
Upvote 0
In my opinion, I feel that the "5.1" feature of the music player modifies the equalizer in a way that increases the mid-range that the engineers of the music did not intend. For that reason, and because I don't like the way it sounds, I do use the "5.1" feature.

Maybe they should have called it "Surround" instead of "5.1". 5.1 means that you have 5 full frequency channels and an LFE channel.

Upvote 0
How do I make the 5.1 surround sound work in the music player?
when ever I tap the 5.1 button it says "5.1 channel can only be activated when sound effects are off"
I tried turning off the equalizer but I still can't turn it on...it sounds great with movies and watch a movie it let's me turn it on easy...I just tap the little on screen buttn and it turns on

So what's the trick?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones