• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stock music player shake to skip?

philtimm

Lurker
Jun 10, 2011
Hi!

I've an I9505, bought in the UK. I use the stock android music player, but have had Winamp on there, though have since deleted it.

The music player skips a track when the phone is shaken. Or bumped. Or breathed on heavily.

I ride my bike, listening to music on a pair of Sennheiser mobile phone capable headphones, but it also does it with a pair of crappy Sony headphones that I use at the office.

There is no option in the music player's settings, and I've disabled every touch sensitive/Smart View/gesture type setting in the phone settings.

How the hell can I stop it skipping when I do so much as fart?!

Thanks in advance for your help!

I have no answer; I can only ... possibly ... confirm your experience.

Had the phone with me while walking the other day. Using world's cheapest earbuds.* Whenever I put the phone in my pocket, it would either skip a track or pause. I ended up holding the phone in my hand for the entire walk, as it was the only way to keep the music going. I had attributed the problem to the cheap-ass earbuds (or, possibly, the cover of the case doing the equivalent of butt-dialing on the "pause" and "next track" buttons on the lock screen). More investigation is necessary.

*They cost $2.99. I'd asked the lady in the store for something that would "get me through the next 20 minutes," and she was pretty sure they could handle it.

Upvote 0
Hi!

I've an I9505, bought in the UK. I use the stock android music player, but have had Winamp on there, though have since deleted it.

The music player skips a track when the phone is shaken. Or bumped. Or breathed on heavily.

I ride my bike, listening to music on a pair of Sennheiser mobile phone capable headphones, but it also does it with a pair of crappy Sony headphones that I use at the office.

There is no option in the music player's settings, and I've disabled every touch sensitive/Smart View/gesture type setting in the phone settings.

How the hell can I stop it skipping when I do so much as fart?!

Thanks in advance for your help!
Did you check all the settings in the player itself, I know my iPod Touch has this feature "I turn it off".

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones