• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Just got the update. I tried the GOOGLE SERVICES FRAMEWORK trick after waiting over two weeks for it. Cleared data/force stopped the GOOGLE SERVICES FRAMEWORK app, wiped the cache partition in RECOVERY, re-booted.

Upon the first check @ SETTINGS > ABOUT TABLET > SYSTEM UPDATES, the update was available.

Reactions: nccruz
Upvote 0
Just got the update. I tried the GOOGLE SERVICES FRAMEWORK trick after waiting over two weeks for it. Cleared data/force stopped the GOOGLE SERVICES FRAMEWORK app, wiped the cache partition in RECOVERY, re-booted.

Upon the first check @ SETTINGS > ABOUT TABLET > SYSTEM UPDATES, the update was available.
Did you do that with or without root?

Upvote 0
I got my update notice yesterday. Installed it without a hitch, then noticed that my battery life went to hell. That's when I noticed that Google Currents was included as part of the OS. Went into the settings and disabled the "background sync." That seems to have solved the problem. (I had that same problem with Currents on my Nexus 7.)

Upvote 0
I got my update notice yesterday. Installed it without a hitch, then noticed that my battery life went to hell. That's when I noticed that Google Currents was included as part of the OS. Went into the settings and disabled the "background sync." That seems to have solved the problem. (I had that same problem with Currents on my Nexus 7.)

Love CURRENTS, except for the fatal flaw (battery eater from HELL)!

My SERO 7 PRO was dead to the world for the first time this morning, need to kill sync/updating on it.

You'd think GOOGLE would have this figured out by now.

Upvote 0
did this too and got the update...

Upvote 0
I did just did this, as well re: no background sync. Thanks to the OP. Also, I did one other thing. I rooted (thanks, Xboxexpert!) And was using the trial version of FolderMount to move data from high data users. It woudn't work on Currents since it was a system installed app. So I removed it, reinstalled from Play Store, and then was able to 'pair' it.

As I just received my 64 GB card, will be looking into info to better ways to
move data/apps than FolderMount to control internal flash mem use. Clean Sweep helps.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
New update today. Build Number P756.6.02.20.00, 1.7 megs. Breaks root, but re-roots with original program.

No idea what's new.

I got the update as well, but I wouldn't click on install b/c I just rooted the thing, and my guess is that it would unroot it.

But as per the message it says it was an update to existing apps??
I've been searching the web hoping someone has figured out what has changed. The SERO support page doesn't provide anything.

Upvote 0
I too got the update around 09/17, the only thing that was noticable to me was that it wiped out the music player which I had gotten used to, and the only changes were looks, different colors, re-arranged the previous dialogs/screens; which I must admit annoyed me greatly.

I'm not that impressed with the factory music player but when I get accustomed to something, I don't apprciate "eye candy" changes. Luckily, I stumbled across the ability to uninstall the new player and revert to the previous version.

I hope to get time one day and find a really good third party player.

-Dave

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones