• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stock Rom with Leedroid Request...

EvoVAlpha

Aug 27, 2012
Okay folks, really quick request \ question. I've been through my fair share of ROM's on the V, and for various reasons after a while I begin to have issues. More than likely because of me N my doings, but as I struggled in recent weeks to get something more stable \ solid I thought about something.

With the Stock ROM being available, I have it myself backed up, is it possible to just create one with LeeDroid? I'm a big fan of LD as I imagine most of you are as well. And as much as I like the various ROM's I've tried, at one point I just want to stop having trouble, hopefully. So tell me is this possible, and or available? If not, why not?

And to anyone who has Stock now and or the Stock ROM, do you have GPS? I vaguely recall not having it for some reason... Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Also, could a Stock ROM be paired with a kernel with overclocking?

Okay folks, really quick request \ question. I've been through my fair share of ROM's on the V, and for various reasons after a while I begin to have issues. More than likely because of me N my doings, but as I struggled in recent weeks to get something more stable \ solid I thought about something.

With the Stock ROM being available, I have it myself backed up, is it possible to just create one with LeeDroid? I'm a big fan of LD as I imagine most of you are as well. And as much as I like the various ROM's I've tried, at one point I just want to stop having trouble, hopefully. So tell me is this possible, and or available? If not, why not?

And to anyone who has Stock now and or the Stock ROM, do you have GPS? I vaguely recall not having it for some reason... Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Also, could a Stock ROM be paired with a kernel with overclocking?

I'm running stock, with leedroid and mirage kernel.

If you haven't yet, you should try butterz Rom on xda.....its pretty good.

Leedroid works best with deodexed Roms, but parts of it can work fine with the stock odexed rom, but some things need changed/deleted to keep from force closing

I would suggest using flas image GUI to flash mirage kernel...its listed in his op.

Yes GPS works

Edit: you need root...so.flash supersu and you'll be all set!

Reactions: Brian706
Upvote 0
Boy you said it Overbyter! I'm still having trouble with my current ROM so what I'm mainly looking for is what I mentioned above... Just the ability to DL a stock ROM, deodexed for leedroid, with GPS. Adam was helpful but I was hoping it's just as simple as, well, finding and flashing pretty much.

And especially with those kernels I think I'd be ecstatic! Thanks again guys!

Upvote 0
I actually tried Harmonia for a while but started having problems with it. Don't remember what but I don't really ROM hop that much. I've had a few but only really end up switching when I need to.

I just never found a ROM that was pretty much stock in all ways but had leedroid and GPS... For some reason the one stock I have doesn't have GPS.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones