• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Stock Rom?

Silverkx2000

Jan 21, 2011
At Home
Hey guys! I'm a Developer for the LG Connect 4G on MetroPCS.

Can anyone here who gets this phone hook me up with a Flashable Zip File so I can dissect it and possible port ICS over to our phones since we've really had no luck.

We have a Kernel I just need the Flashable Zip to see if its possible.

I THINK (keyword: Think) the LG Spirit and the LG Connect may have the same Hardware specs which may prove this porting a little bit easier.

Let me know what you can come up with.

Hey guys! I'm a Developer for the LG Connect 4G on MetroPCS.

Can anyone here who gets this phone hook me up with a Flashable Zip File so I can dissect it and possible port ICS over to our phones since we've really had no luck.

We have a Kernel I just need the Flashable Zip to see if its possible.

I THINK (keyword: Think) the LG Spirit and the LG Connect may have the same Hardware specs which may prove this porting a little bit easier.

Let me know what you can come up with.

First we got to find root ;)

Upvote 0
LG has been patching root exploits pretty well recently, although they missed it with the latest update for the motion, they patched up the L9 pretty damn good, none of the current ICS root methods work with the newest update for the L9 unfortunately.

Well the MS870 phone was originally made in August 2012 by LG (thanks FCC for that sticker). The firmware available is the same firmware since before the MS77010e firmware (thanks LG for screenshots of the MS870 firmware name), so hopefully it wasn't patched.

Reactions: twogbsd and alfick3
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones