• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stock Web Browser Question

PSXBatou

Feb 5, 2011
California & Tokyo
I am using the stock browser since it seems to support flash which FireFox doesn't and it's well free since it came with the phone. Coming from the iPhone I would regularly have multiple windows open, then I would exit out and go back to revisit some of the windows I had open (mainly used to track packages). I have noticed on the stock browser I can have say 3 windows open but after a while when I re-open the browser there is just 1 window open, the other windows that I had open are no longer there.

Is there a setting im missing or is this just one of the "features" that I will have to live with on the stock browser?

This is driving me insane.. I had 3 windows open.. One to the home page google.com, one to sony.com, and one to blog.us.playstation.com. I hit home and no more than 30 min to a hour later I go back in to the internet browser only to find my home screen (google.com) reloading and my other two tabs are gone...

I tried this on my friends incredible and he doesn't lose any of the windows he has open.. WTF is going on here.. I don't have any sort of task killers running so I am not sure why it seems to be just losing windows I open.. This is getting to be quite annoying!

Edit: I have no tasks managers running just the two apps linked below that are system related. I have the widget for system info running, but it doesn't seem to kill automatically as much as show you whats running.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.electricsheep.asi&feature=search_result
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.rollerbush.batteryminder&feature=search_result

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones