• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

StockUP thoughts required

L

Loki117

Hey Guys,

So I have an app in the market named StockUP its a finance app used for looking at stock prices as well as currency conversion and graphs. I have had a good look over it on the G1 but was looking for feedback from users of larger screen sizes such as the N1 or Droid anyone up for helping me out?

Thanks in advance.

Looks great on Desire (2.2) Great UI, clear, easy to navigate, nice icon too.

Only criticism i'd have is it took me a while to work out I could scroll the trend graphs for longer periods. I guessed there was a way to change the period but couldn't see how!

I did have one early FC but it didn't repeat itself.

Edit:

Hmm restarted my phone and I see it starts as a service, really not something I want. Also it repeatedly FC'd when I click on my portfolio selections today.

Upvote 0
Hey OFI,

Thanks so much for your feedback! I have posted a new release before seeing your post which is unfortunate but your feedback is great and will be included in the next release. To sort the graph issue I shall be adding some left / right arrows. The FC issue has been resolved in the latest release.

The service point is a weird one I am actually not running a service. What happens is on boot a event is fired which quickly checks all alerts to see if any should be triggered (such as stocks passing a fresh hold) what is weird is that the event should spin up do it's stuff and die by the sounds of things this is not what you are seeing so I shall look into it more closely.

Again thanks for you feedback it was very useful.

Looks great on Desire (2.2) Great UI, clear, easy to navigate, nice icon too.

Only criticism i'd have is it took me a while to work out I could scroll the trend graphs for longer periods. I guessed there was a way to change the period but couldn't see how!

I did have one early FC but it didn't repeat itself.

Edit:

Hmm restarted my phone and I see it starts as a service, really not something I want. Also it repeatedly FC'd when I click on my portfolio selections today.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones