• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Stop quick settings from scrolling?

erick295

Nov 15, 2009
I'm really happy with Jelly Bean except the terrible keyboard (fixed with the free Jelly Bean Keyboard app) and the gray status bar (no idea how to fix that but I can live with it), but one thing is really killing me: The quick settings bar (wi-fi, sound, 4G, etc.) scrolls every time I open the status bar. This makes it not-so-quick as I have to wait until it stops animating to use it. Is there any way to stop this without rooting, or perhaps remove items from it?

The quick settings bar (wi-fi, sound, 4G, etc.) scrolls every time I open the status bar. This makes it not-so-quick as I have to wait until it stops animating to use it. Is there any way to stop this without rooting, or perhaps remove items from it?

I'm looking for a solution to this too. Admittedly, there's no indication that you can scroll the quick settings, except for that animation. Once that is learned, though, one should be able to turn it off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones