• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root stopped reading external sd card

scotty85

Extreme Android User
Jul 25, 2010
manbat said:
Have you heard of any Rezounds that have stopped being able to read the External SD Card? Mine has stopped. I have tried multiple cards. Also any Apps that use the Ext SD Card for Data behave badly. Funny thing is that I can "Flash" from the external card just fine. Also when I Boot AmonRa ...the file explorer in AmonRa can brows the ext_sd just fine and flash just fine....strange?

have you recently done s-off,or some other procedure that may have damaged it? maybe flashed a new rom thats not reading it?

if its just all of a sudden stopped working,that is strange. you might try some different roms and see if the prollem persists

Well finally just started over....Wiped and re-flashed phone, re-rooted and restored Apps. Then copied and reformatted SD Card, copied back to card ......everything is fine so far. I feel pretty good about the results...I can now mount and remount the SD Card in Settings/Storage. When it was acting up if I unmounted the SD Card, i could not remount it. Everything would "gray Out" under External. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.
smile.gif

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones