• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Strange and irrelevant question....

da man

May 11, 2010
I have noticed my batteries smell like mint when I remove them from my phone. I though it was kind of strange, but thought it more strange when my friends battery from her sgs2 smelled minty as well when the battery is freshly pulled from the phone. Does everybody's smell like this? If so I wonder why.

Reactions: knightprincess13
lol, after reading this thread I actually took my cover off to sniff the battery. And it does in fact smell like mint. How odd.

After further sniffs (yes, everytime I change my battery out....about every day), I would like to slightly modify my original observation. Yes it smells somewhat minty, but there is something else familiar smelling as well. Just the other day I put my finger on it, dill pickles. So, imagine minty dill pickle and that is what the freshly pulled battery smells like. Kind of strange.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones